Care Cymru aims to provide a value for money service that is focused and responsive to the specific and individual needs and preferences of customers and service users. Fundamental to this vision is the need to recognise people’s different needs, promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity in employment and the service we provide.
Care Cymru is fully committed to equal opportunities in employment and our service delivery. We ensure that no service user or member of staff is discriminated against because of race/ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexuality, religion or belief. Care Cymru does not tolerate service users or staff members who we believe discriminate against other service users or members of staff.
Within our corporate objective to provide a value for money service, we aim to provide and celebrate equality and diversity and provide equal opportunities for staff members and Service users. We will achieve this by:
- Training our employees in diversity issues and promoting it where possible to our service users.
- Promoting our policies on Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity by issuing every staff member with a copy on induction, a copy on notice boards in each branch and through recruitment adverts and any other form of communication.
- Continually reviewing our Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies taking into consideration people’s different needs and the challenges they face.
- Setting ourselves three-year equality targets.
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on progress against the targets set including recruitment, selection, promotion, training and development.
The senior management team take responsibility for monitoring progress against the equality targets set and ensuring adequate systems for monitoring and reporting are in place. They are involved in the implementation of this plan and analyse the evidence found.