Care Cymru is dedicated to ensuring our staff are suitable and competent to carry out their duties and to ensuring they provide a high quality, personalised service. Our comprehensive Training and Development programme ensures our staff have the right knowledge, skills and behaviours to meet all Service Users’ needs. Care Cymru’s training includes a mandatory 12 week induction programme covering the code of conduct and care standards, bespoke tailored training to meet individual Service User’s needs, NVQs in Health and Social Care and on-going training to meet need and mandatory updates.
Our Training and Development programme is delivered in-house via a team of highly competent Training Officers, who have a wealth of experience and knowledge in the Care Industry. This ensures that mandatory and specialist training is delivered to an excellent standard. Care Cymru is committed to staff development and provides career development opportunities for every Care Cymru employee.
Care Cymru provides a mandatory 12 week induction programme to all our new Care Workers. The induction programme represents an impressive training portfolio and underpins our commitment to training and professional development, ensuring our staff are sufficiently experienced and competent to deliver the required service.
The Induction Training Course content is as follows:
- Introduction to Care Cymru and Company Policies & Procedures
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Personal Care
- Catheter Care
- Infection Control
- Pressure Sore Care
- Food Hygiene
- Health & Safety and Personal Safety
- Dealing With Emergencies
- Safer People Handling - Moving & Handling
- Effective Communication and information recording
- We enrol all newly recruited Care Workers on an NVQ 2 course within 6 months of their starting employment.
For people working with Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and Service Users with Dementia, specialist modules are either added to the existing induction format or a bespoke induction package is provided.
Our Care Workers will undertake intensive training regarding the individual needs of the people they are employed to care and support which will include:
- Dementia Care
- Stroke Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness
- Diabetes Care
- Deaf / Blind Guiding and Signing
- Promoting Independence
- Equality and Diversity
- Communication training – including Makaton and British Sign Language
- Epilepsy awareness
- Medication training
- Mental Health Awareness
- Team Teach for staff working with Service Users with challenging behaviour
Care Cymru offer NVQ up to Level 4 Leadership and Management.